CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Baby Einsteins

OK, can I just brag on my kiddos for a minute before my buttons bust? :-)

Isabel, at 21 months, can finish a peg puzzle in no time flat. We keep ALL our puzzle pieces in one basket. She can dig through and figure out which pieces go to which board. I think she might be ready for a 100 piece puzzle by Christmas. (Kidding!) She is also starting to recognize a few colors. She definitely knows "yeh-wo" , "ohnge" and "pank" (yes, she's an okie girl). :-) To top all that off, she can sing her ABCs -- er, something that sounds extremely close, anyway.

Isaac, 3 1/2, is beginning to read!! He is starting to sound out short words. He's been able to do his letter sounds for a while, but didn't understand how to put them together and I hadn't planned to push him on it for a while yet. It clicked for him this week when Isabel checked out a library book called "Quack Shack". It has 3 sections, words with the "ack", "ock" and "ick" families. Each section has several words with different letters in front. We were reading it together, and all the sudden he started spouting off some of the words before I read them!

This morning we were all 3 doing puzzles together and he started playing with his letter magnets. We did the same concept -- ack, at, og combinations, putting different letters in front of each one -- and he was able to read several words by himself!!! It's a great start! :-)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Brag away! They really are smart!

I love the word "pank". I actually laughed out loud reading that! So cute!

Isaac is such a bright boy! When learning is fun it is so much easier to get the hang of things.

You must be one proud, happy mommy :o)

Jen said...

aww, you must be very proud of them :)

christine said...

Way to go!! You're inspiring me--good ideas to start reading with Jakin and Anna! Your kiddos are brilliant and I always love to hear mommas proud of their babies! :)

Claire said...

Yay! Go Isaac and Isabel!

Cxx

Wendy said...

Great!! Isn't awesome to see their faces when things just "click" for them? :-)
(And just so you know, those ultra-bright kiddos figure out LOTS of things early!! Bwa Ha Ha!)

Nicole said...

Wow, they are clever little things. I had to laugh at "pank". I would love to hear their little accents :)