CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Meeting Jeremy Camp!

I never win anything. Anything. So I could hardly believe it when I was caller 10 and won a pair of tickets to the Jeremy Camp concert to take place in Fayetteville on November 14th. Mike and I LOVE Jeremy Camp's music, so we were stoked! Needless to say, I was shocked when KLRC called about 10 days later to tell us we'd won the Grand Prize . . . . front row seats, a Nintendo Wii, and the opportunity to play Guitar Hero with Jeremy Camp before the concert. I was totally not expecting that!

Mike and I had been looking forward to this for weeks, so my day kind of crumbled when he came home from work Friday morning terribly sick with a cold. He felt like he'd been run over by a Mack truck and said he wouldn't be able to go with me. So I was totally bummed. :-( Thankfully, my sweetheart cousin Alisha was free Friday night, so we had quite an awesome girls' night out! We had such a great time. Jeremy Camp was truly a super-nice guy. The concert was fantastic. Our seats were A1 and A2. Front and center. Wow.

Playing Wii Bowling with Jeremy Camp. Thankfully we did not play Guitar Hero, because I was totally clueless. LOL




Alisha, Jeremy Camp, Me!












Some JBU students were there filming for a documentary project so they got footage of us playing the Wii. (And now you all will learn an interesting factoid about me -- I am a gum-chomping madwoman when I am nervous) ;-P


9 comments:

Nicole said...

So very very cool! Too bad your hubby was sick though. What a bummer :o(

LOL about the gum. I would try to remind myself to not chew gum because I would do the same thing you did. Chew like crazy!

Adelia said...

That is soooo great, Rachel!!!!!

Wendy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That is awesome. Wow. I mean, that is just so neat. (I'm gonna have to hug you at the next MUMs and hope that some of the luck rubs off. My husband would LOVE a Wii.)
So happy for you!

Bethany said...

Super-cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeckeyZ said...

Very cool! I met Mark Hall (from Casting Crowns) once and I was a total dork. But it was still fun.

Jen said...

WOW!!! That is so awesome!!

Suzanne said...

How fun! We got the KLRC mailer last week and saw the blip and picture of you. Congratulations!

Nicole said...

that's cool they got it in on video for you to remember!

Claire said...

So awesome! Glad you had fun!

Cxx